Update Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly BeanOctober 14, 2012
Well its a good news for Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 users that now they can update Galaxy S GT-I9000 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean as well. I was personally using Cyanogen Mod 10 previously which was based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean but now after the release of Android 4.1.2 officially by Google and Android Developers, things are now shifting toward Android 4.1.2 which is apparently works faster than Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Things you should do before Galaxy S GT-I9000 Update Guide:
Now there are few things which you need to make sure before going with the Galaxy S GT-i9000 update with Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean.
- First you need to enable the Debugging mode on your device. Check how to Enable USB Debugging
- Proceed only if you have a 4.0.X Ice Cream Sandwich or 4.1.1 Jelly Bean built installed in Galaxy S.
- You must have at least 70 % battery life remaining.
- First you need to make a backup of all the important things listed hereunder.
- Backup all the SMS and SMS Logs, contacts and Calls Logs.
- Backup Whatsapp and Vibers Messages and call logs.
- Backup your Game Data.
- Backup your Apps and their Data Files.
Before download the firmware file visit our latest firmware database
How to Update Galaxy S GT-I9000 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
Now here comes the process guide to install / update Galaxy S GT-i9000 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
Please do not forget to visit our ROM and ROOT Database
- First you need to download
[like-to-dl theme=”green” url=”https://s3.amazonaws.com/AvatarRom/JellyBean/12-01-2013/cm-1.0b_25_20130111_galaxysmtd.zip” like_url=”https://www.facebook.com/pages/AndroidMuffins/410728122300908″ message=”Click Like to Start Your Download! if you already liked, do unlike and then like it again”]
[viral-download file1=”https://s3.amazonaws.com/AvatarRom/JellyBean/12-01-2013/cm-1.0b_25_20130111_galaxysmtd.zip” name1=”Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean” message=”You just have to share this link to get this file” tweet=”@androidmuffins Update GT-I9000 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean” thankyou=”Thankyou for sharing here is you download link”/]
- Copy the Downloaded Android 4.1.2 into your Galaxy S Gt-i9000 any where you like, recommended to be pasted in root.
- Now go to CWM App and select the first option to put your device into Recovery Mode or you can manually put your Galaxy S GT-i9000 into Recovery Mode (shutdown your Galaxy S, pull out and put the battery back inside and Press Volume Up + Home Button + Power together, and when boot start log appears, release all the buttons for half of a second and then hold them again and when Semaphose logo appears release the buttons, your device will be in recovery mode.
- Now select the option of “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” and wipe it.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition” and wipe it.
- Now go to “Advance” and select “Wipe Dalvik” option and wipe it.
- Now select the option “install zip file from sd card” and then select choose file from sd card, find the downloaded jelly bean 4.1.1 from the list and install it.
- Now update process will start and after installing recovery and data, you will get Jelly Bean 4.1.2 boot logo.
- Now once you are rebooted successfully, Download Landscape Error Fix and copy it to the same place where you copied X Bean 3.0.
- reboot your Galaxy S again into Recovery Mode.
- Just Press the Power button there you will see Reboot option tap it.
- Now you will see two option Reboot normally and second Reboot into Recovery, tap on Reboot into Recovery.
- Now just choose the option of “install zip from sd card” and browse for Landscape Fix zip file and confirm the installation and after completion, just reboot.
- First time it will take 3 to 5 minutes to boot and once done, you will have start up setting which mean you are DONE.
Here are few Screen shots of X Bean – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean