How to Update ROM CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 on Galaxy 5 I5500 Jelly beanJanuary 14, 2013
Rom CM 10.1 Android has been released for Galaxy 5 I5500. keep in mind its CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. So here is step by step tutorial of how to Update ROM CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 on Galaxy 5 I5500 update GT-I5500L, GT-I550M, GT-I5503 and GT-I5508 Jelly bean
Before preceding to first read out the warning and backup instruction
This is a warning from Android Muffins that this Guide / tutorial is only for Galaxy 5 I5500. Please do not try this guide in any other Android devices.
First you need to check your device model number in: Settings » About. And also note that we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk.
If you follow our instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged
Things you should do before Update Guide:
Now there are few things which you need to make sure before going with the Galaxy 5 I5500 update with Android 4.2.1 Jelly bean.
1. First you need to enable the Debugging mode on your device. Check how to Enable USB Debugging
2. You can find your USB Drive and other useful downloads from here “Download all Android devices USB drivers”
3. You must have at least 70 % battery life remaining.
4. First you need to make a backup of all the important things listed hereunder.
5. Backup all the SMS and SMS Logs, contacts and Calls Logs.
6. Backup Whatsapp and Vibers Messages and call logs.
7. Backup your Game Data.
8. Backup your Apps and their Data Files.
We strongly recommend you to always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong.
NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name model.
- CM10.1 for Galaxy 5 I5500 [Filename: cm-10.1-20130106-MADTEAM-galaxy5.zip][like-to-dl theme=”blue” url=”http://goo.im/devs/psyke83/roms/galaxy5/cm-10.1-20130106-MADTEAM-galaxy5.zip” like_url=”https://www.facebook.com/pages/AndroidMuffins/410728122300908″ message=”Click Like to Start Your Direct Download!”]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb42-20121221-KonstaKANG.zip][like-to-dl theme=”blue” url=”http://www.mediafire.com/?9q6eeroe77siara” like_url=”https://www.facebook.com/pages/AndroidMuffins/410728122300908″ message=”Click Like to Start Your Download!”]
Step by Step Guide to Update ROM CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 on Galaxy 5 I5500 Jelly bean:
1. First you need to download files (see above download links) .
2. Now connect your Device to PC via USB Cable (Link for USB drivers ) (How to usb enable USB debugging mode).
3. Now copy that downloaded zip file cm-10.1-20130106-MADTEAM-galaxy5.zip in the Root Important: Don’t extract any file.
4. Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
5. Now put your device into Recovery Mode.
6. Now wipe the user data , then wipe cache partition and then from advance, wipe dalvik cache.
7. Now go into choosing a file from storage.
8. Browse into internal storage where you pasted the zip file.
9. Install it and process will start and once done you will be welcome with the startup wizard. Thanks you are done.